Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Turn to Cook Dinner...


Jordan does most of the cooking... Partially, because he is super appreciative of the fact that I work a stressful job all day, but mostly because he's just awesome at it! We both love to cook, but he surpassed my skills a long time ago (something I've just recently admitted out loud to him, because I'm too proud). It's a running joke between us who is better at cooking what. For example, he can't beat my roast chicken, but I can't touch his risotto. We of course have our moments of tension in the kitchen. "Don't tell me how to..." is usually how it goes. But then again, our best date nights are perusing the market for ingredients that inspire us and leisurely cooking together, side by side, with a glass of wine and jazz music in the background. But tonight it was just me... together with some beautiful mushrooms... taking my turn to impress my other half... 






I was so proud handing the beautiful little tart to Jordan... waiting to hear him gush with compliments. He takes a bite and the first words out of his mouth were... "It needs salt."

(Sigh!) He was right. 


1 comment: