Sunday, April 7, 2013

For the Love of Coconut!

For most of my life I despised coconut, avoiding it at all costs. But I've come to realize that what I don't like is coconut flavoring. You'll never see me sipping a piƱa colada on the beach... I don't like it. (I know I hold a minority opinion on that one, but don't judge me.) But oh the difference between fake coconut flavor and the real deal!! I began to give coconut a second look while eating my mom-in-law's German Chocolate Cake (Jordan's traditional birthday cake). Delicious! And covered in coconut to my surprise! I then started to notice that my favorite Thai dishes were coconut-milk based. I love coconut curries. However, coconut stole my affection forever through the Aberdeen International Market. This street market comes four times a year, and its most anticipated delight is a macaroon. A fluffy warm pillow of coconut. Made fresh and hot right there on the street. Most foods need to be covered in dark chocolate to make me this happy, but somehow, this one has charmed me. 




More pictures from our visit to the market today and our spot of tea with friends afterwards. 












1 comment:

  1. Aww- love it! Your descriptions are so good ;) Enjoying reading these. And those macaroons really are to die for!

    ReplyDelete